Today, the Austin Game Initiative made it known that an event called the Austin Game Conference will be held September 11th and 12th of this year, at the Austin Convention Center. The two-day event is designed to inform and educate game industry professionals on next-generation technologies and business strategies for emerging products and platforms, such as online multi-player and mobile games.
The inaugural event will feature industry luminaries including keynote presenters Mark Jacobs, chief executive officer and president of Mythic Entertainment, and Raph Koster, chief designer of Star Wars Galaxies at Sony Online Entertainment. Sessions by Castle Hill Studios, Electronic Arts, Glass Eye Productions, Metrowerks, Mutable Realms, Mythic Entertainment, Online Alchemy, Sony Online, Wolfpack Studios and others are also in store.
This Conference will provide attendees with an opportunity to attend special sessions that focus on the latest PC and console tools, hardware and technologies to streamline the design processes. Conference tracks are designed to allow individuals to pursue their specialized interests, learn from industry leaders and scout out the latest technology.
Event highlights include:
- Multiplayer Online Game "Tracks," which are discussions that provide insight with four "tracks": Tech, Design, Service, and Production.
- Future of the Development Pipeline - Focuses on streamlining the design process, including PC and console focuses.
- Mobile Market Design and Profit Talks - These help to understand this fragmented market and the opportunities. Teaches how to get a product out the door and make a profit.
- Developer/Publisher Pitch Sessions - Independent developers vie to pitch with leading publishers at the show.
- Technology Pavilion - Showcases the latest tools, technologies, products, and services. It's the only place to nationally showcase these types of items until next year. Booths and/or private meeting rooms available.
- Machinima Theater - Machinima is the convergence of filmmaking, animation and game development. Machinima combines the techniques of filmmaking, the flexibility of animation production and the technology of real-time 3D game engines.
Those seeking more information on the Austin Game Conference can visit the event's official website.