The MMORPG giant EverQuest has reached the ripe old age of five years, and Sony Online Entertainment has declared a holiday for its players. Goodies to expect:
- An expansive scavenger hunt featuring a so-called "5th Anniversary" staff, which promises special effects dependent on the character's age.
- Throughout the 350 square-mile world of EverQuest, skeleton armies will march. These skeletons will drop unique items, never again to be seen in the game.
- Various famous and fabled NPCs will become stronger and carry even better loot than before.
- Spectacular fireworks shows will illuminate Wayfarer Camps every Norrathian evening at 10pm.
- Specially discounted 12-month subscriptions will be offered to players.
Happy Birthday, EverQuest!