After time enough for plenty of speculation about how the forthcoming Game Boy Color Zelda game would link to one another, the actual story has come to light. The two halves of the game will interact with each other to form a single intertwining quest. The two halves are titled "Chapter of the Earth" and "Chapter of Time & Space" in Japan, and will include all of the features shown below:
- Password system to exchange information between the two chapters
- Beginning the second chapter (the two can be played in either order) with four hearts instead of the customary three
- Particular events in each half will only take place if the player has completed the other half.
- Cameo appearances in the second game by characters from the first
- Each of the adventures will start players off with a different equipment inventory
Zelda: Mystical Seed of Power will be released in Japan on February 27th. A firm North American release date has yet to be announced.