We just can't help but want to give things away, so we're continuing October with yet another giveaway. This time RPGamer and Aksys Games are partnering to reward heroes with a copy of Hero's Saga Laevatein Tactics. So what does it take to be a hero? Well, it takes some heroic efforts, that's what. We are sending those wanna-be heroes across the internet on a quest to find the grand treasure. This treasure can only be found be finding information and answering the following questions. Heroes will do well to search the Aksys site as well as RPGamer for clues or perhaps answers, though sometimes venturing off the linear path will be helpful. From those brave enough to venture across the web to find the correct answers, we will have a drawing to select the three winners. If we don't have anyone get all of the questions right, we'll go down to those that only missed one and so on. Try your best and enjoy your Hero's Adventure. We might even have some extra swag to reward our winners with as well.
- 1. All heroes must look to the past in order learn from those who came before them. During the RPGamer Laevatein Battle of 2009, what mage was pitted against himself in an epic battle where an unused Valhalla Break was the difference between victory and defeat? I need the name of the mage and for a bonus, link me to the chronicles of that epic battle.
- 2. What adventure is complete without a hero getting the chance to win the heart of young lady? Well, in another upcoming Aksys RPG, players will be forced to get personal with the ladies. How many different ladies are available to pair up with throughout the course of the game?
- 3. Becoming a hero isn't always a glamorous job, as sometimes you have to do things you're not quite proud of. Sometimes you might even have to jump, spin, and pirouette your way to fame! If you can find what game this is referring to, you can also find the password that will grant you access to the Backstage. I don't want the game name, I want the password. Find that and you are one step closer to victory.
- 4. Some heroes know their lineage, others just have to guess. What two RPGs does Aksys Project Lead Frank "Bo" deWindt II guess that Hero's Saga is influenced by?
- 5. Heroes are always getting injured during their adventures, and the heroes at Aksys are no different. For this quest, find the name of the Aksys hero who had to be bandaged by nurses during his E3 adventures and link me to a picture of him being treated. Find this and you might even get a comp day, too.
Like any good fetch quest, you have to have somewhere to turn in your drops, right? All you have to do is email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Hero'sAdventure in the subject line before Mon, Oct. 19, 2009 5PM ET. In the email, be sure to include your full name, mailing address, any comments you wish to leave, and all the answers requested above. Questions about the contest should be directed to the message boards, not to the contest email address.
RPGamer would like to thank Aksys Games for the prizes for this contest. This contest is open to US and Canadian readers this time around, so ready your swords and begin your adventure. Also, make sure to follow RPGamer on Twitter for a chance to win more prizes as the month continues.
Official Contest Regulations
- Contest begins Tues, Oct. 13, 2009 and continues until 5PM EST Mon, Oct. 19, 2009. Winners will be announced on http://www.rpgamer.com starting on or after Oct. 21, 2009. Prizes will go out after Oct. 21, 2009. Only one entry per household. Chances of winning depend upon the number of entries.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail prior to the public announcement. Should the email bounce, the prize will be reawarded. Except where prohibited, by accepting said prize, winners consent to the use of his/her names and entries for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery of prizes. All prizes will be awarded. No cash or other substitution for prizes except at the option of RPGamer, for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian.
- RPGamer's decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Contest is offered by RPGamer. RPGamer is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, late, or misdirected e-mail. By participating and/or winning a prize, the Winner releases RPGamer and its employees and sponsors from any and all liability with respect to any prize. RPGamer reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest in cases of fraud or prize supply limits, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion. RPGamer reserves the right to disqualify any Winner, as determined by RPGamer in its sole discretion.
- Personal information submitted for this Contest, such as your Name, Email, or Address will be used exclusively for the purpose of this Contest. RPGamer does not sell, loan, or share this information with third parties, nor use it for their own promotion. Your privacy is important to us.
- The Contest is open to all US and Canadian readers of RPGamer.com, except employees of RPGamer and Aksys Games; including their partners and their immediate families.