The holiday season has come and gone. The new year is upon us. As we we return to schools and our jobs, the handhelds become an important part of gaming again. If you're looking for something to do during the commute time, RPGamer and Nintendo have just the opportunity for you! Send an email to email@example.com, with "Handheld" as the subject line, and tell us which RPG hero for a Nintendo handheld (Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, or Nintendo DS) you've liked the most and why. Six responses will be chosen from the entries by a panel of the staff of RPGamer and each of those winners will receive a copy of either Magical Starsign including an autographed poster from the Japanese developers, or Children of Mana and an Onyx Nintendo DS to play it on!
Make sure to include your mailing address, age, and name in your email. Good luck!
Official Contest Rules:
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AND CANADA, WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THESE AREAS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND Nintendo ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. If you are under the legal age of majority in your state or province of residence (a "Minor"), one of your parents or legal guardians must submit a signed, written statement that they have read, understood and agree to these Official Rules with your entry, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules on behalf of you and themselves. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited. Limit one entry per person.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating prize providers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion period is from Saturday, January 13th, 2007 to Saturday, January 20th, 2007 (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. Three (3) copies of Magical Starsign and included poster and three (3) copies of Children of Mana and included Nintendo DS handheld videogame system. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter; a few will win. Prizes will be awarded at random to the six (6) contest winners.
All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within ten (10) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Prizes won by a minor (as determined by the laws of state or province of residence) will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian on the minor's behalf. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
All applicable taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of each winner.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Handheld" as the subject line, and tell us which RPG hero for a Nintendo handheld (Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, or Nintendo DS) you've liked the most and why. Alternately, you may write and submit an entry by postal service to RPGamer, 15600 NE 8th St. Suite B1, PMB 332, Bellevue, Washington, United States of America, 98008. Canadian participants must also correctly answer a timed mathematical skill testing question before being declared a prizewinner.
- Promotion Rules. Prize winners will be determined by a panel of the staff of RPGamer from all eligible entries. Winners will be notified by e-mail by Wednesday, January 24th, 2007. To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you (and, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) release Sponsor, participating prize providers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU.
- Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winners' name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners (and if winner is a minor, winner's parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after Wednesday, January 24th, 2007 and before Thursday, March 1st, 2007 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Nintendo's Handheld Heroes Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Nintendo's Handheld Heroes Official Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2007 by RPGamer. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to RPGamer, 15600 NE 8th St. Suite B1, PMB 332, Bellevue, Washington, United States of America, 98008.
- Promotion Sponsor. The sponsor of the Promotion is Nintendo of America, P.O. Box 957, Redmond, Washington, United States of America, 98073.
RPGamer would like to thank Nintendo for the prizes for this contest.