THE OFFICIAL THONG RULE GUIDE
Updated December 2, 2006
- Every player must select a character and a rune. The runes are designed to be balanced, so no one rune is better than all the others. Runes are unlimited in supply, and the option to change your rune exists somewhere on the new THONG board!
- You may change your rune as many times as you wish BEFORE your first roll.
- New runes and items may be added over the course of the game.
- Everyone begins the game on START.
- Every day, I will provide one trivia question. Answer it right, and you get to roll 1d3, which determines how many spaces you move.
- As you progress down the board, you will pass some TP+1, TP+3, and TP+5 tiles. You will gain THONG points (TP) whenever you pass over these tiles. These points can be used to cast THONG spells, described later.
- Spells may be cast at any time, provided you possess the necessary amount of TP.
- Players may hold a maximum of 3 items.
- All items are used at the same time each day, and all spells are cast at the same time each day.
- Players will be notified of any spells that have been cast on them, though some spells will prevent this.
- TP for each player is capped at 29. To gain more TP, you must cast a spell.
- Answering a question correctly will also net you potch for purchasing items. For simply trying the question, you get 25 potch.
- When you get near a prize that you want, you must email me to let me know that you want the prize. You may wait until after you have passed the prize if you wish.
- Once a prize is claimed, that character is sent back to START.
- Order of events occurs as such:
- Luca Blight does his thing.
- Items are used from previous day
- Spells are cast from previous day
- Players Move
- Players answer trivia/cast spells for tomorrow/use items for tomorrow
- And remember, have fun! You may pound on each other as much as you like, and there is some strategy involved...so do your best!
- Luca Blight will attack every Saturday, unless you stop him.
- His attack will damage 15 random tiles, determined by DiceyBot. It will pick 15 numbers (1-60) at random. If that tile's number gets hit, then all players on that tile get knocked back 2 spaces. If the same number appears more than once, all players on that tile fall back as many tiles x 2 as that number appeared.
- Luca has an affinity for trivia, and he will provide his own question each day. Answering these questions will help you defeat him.
- Luca's trivia will centralize around RPGs, but other types of games may filter in as part of a question, and maybe even some logic puzzles or two. Each question will have 6 choices.
- Luca has 100% HP at the beginning of each week. To prevent his wrath, you must damage him to 25% or less HP, in which case he will rest until the next weekend.
- Damage is calculated by the trivia answers. (Number answered correctly) / (Total Answers) = % Damage. The top two percentages of the weekend will affect Luca. Percentages are multiplied. So, for example, if Saturday you get a 50%, Sunday you get a 40%, and Monday you get a 70%, Luca's HP will be calculated as...(100% x (100%-50%) x (100%-70%)) = 15% remaining HP.
- Luca's HP will not be calculated until Monday.
- 100 extra Potch will be given to the players that participate in defeating him each week. No potch is awarded if you fail.
Explanation of effects:
Self: Cast spell on yourself.
A number: Cast spell on that many different players other than yourself.
Tile: Cast spell on a target tile rather than a player.
Trap Explanation: If a spell is of type Trap, then it must be triggered by someone landing on that tile. Merely standing on the tile does not trigger the trap. However, if there are other players on the tile when the trap is triggered, they too are affected.
|4 TP||Gale||Push target back 1 space.||One
|7 TP||Rushing Blast||Feeling unlucky? Roll the max amount! (Does not create an additional roll)||Self
|15 TP||Blind Rage||Roll twice (1d2 x 2) and knock everyone you pass back 2 spaces.||Self
|29 TP||Unstoppable Poison||You are immune to attack spells, but not traps, for 4 days. You advance one extra tile each day. At the end of the 4 days, you cause Toxic to everyone within a (number of tiles moved)/2 radius of your character.||Self
|4 TP||Drain||Steal 1 TP from target.||One
|7 TP||Mega Drain||Steal 3 TP from target.||One
|15 TP||Power Leak||Remove a total of 10 TP from target(s).||One to Five
|29 TP||Magic Dispersal||Remove all TP from target. Other players on target tile lose 50% of their TP. Players 1 tile away lose 25% of their TP. Players 2 tiles away lose 10% of their TP. For every 5 TP lost, you gain 1 TP.||One
|4 TP||Lure||Pull target 1 space towards you.||One
|7 TP||Freeze Trap||Stop all players who land on target tile for one day.||Tile
|15 TP||Flame Trap||All players who land on target tile receive 1d2 rolls per answer for 3 days.||Tile
|29 TP||Wandering Doppelganger||Create a fake character with whatever name and character you choose. This character will roll 1d3 every day, and has a 50% chance of gaining the potch for the day (it will gain potch from Luca if he is defeated). It cannot cast spells or use items. If the doppel is hit with a spell or item, he becomes Frozen for 1 day. If he gets hit a second time, he is removed from the board permanently. You may also erase it prematurely. Whenever this character disappears, you gain all of the potch and TP it accrued.||Self
|4 TP||Dispel||Remove any harmful status effect on caster.||Self
|7 TP||Wall||Nullify one spell cast on you. Lasts 2 days or until hit with spell.||Self
|15 TP||Reflect||Reflect spell cast on you towards the caster. Lasts 2 days or until hit with spell.||Self
|29 TP||Holy Restraint||Set up a barrier on a tile. Players (except the caster) may not advance past that tile for 3 days. After 3 days, all players on the tile are knocked back (number of players on tile)/2 tiles.||Tile
|4 TP||Inferno||Push target back 2 spaces.||One
|7 TP||Flame Burst||Push target back 4 spaces.||One
|15 TP||Fire Storm||Push two targets back 5 spaces each.||Two
|29 TP||Viral Flame||Set yourself on fire. Run, screaming, four tiles ahead of you and four tiles behind you, causing Burn status to everyone you pass. Finally, explode on one of the tiles of your choosing, causing Fury status to those on the tile, and knocking them back 2 tiles. You remain where you started.||Self
|4 TP||Float||Target does not receive TP when passing over tiles the next time they roll.||One
|7 TP||Toxic||All players who land on target tile lose 1 TP per day for 3 days.||Tile
|15 TP||Force||Forces target player to randomly cast a Lv 1 or Lv 2 spell at a random player.||One
|29 TP||Inside Man||Gain (almost) complete control over another player. Answer their questions for them, use their items on whomever you please, cast their spells. You may also spend up to 50% of their potch. Performing their actions will be as if they did them. This includes purchases, so buying items for them must be used, or they will keep them once you are done possessing them. Lasts 1 day.||One
|4 TP||Gravity Well||All targets up to 3 spaces on either side of target tile move towards that tile 1 space.||Tile
|7 TP||Silence||Target cannot cast spells for 2 days.||One
|15 TP||Magnet Hold||For 2 days, whenever target rolls, the caster moves an extra (target's roll-1) spaces. Target is unaware of this.||One
|29 TP||Newton's Third Law||For three days, you cast a field around the entire board. All players who cast attacks spells on other players affect themselves too, and all players who use beneficial spells and items affect you as well. You may choose any player on the board each day to randomly use one of their spells/items.||Self
|4 TP||Electric Trap||Trap: Cause players to lose 10% of their potch.||Tile
|7 TP||Enrage||Cause Fury status on target player.||One
|15 TP||Golden Boy||For the next 3 rolls, for every tile moved, all players within a 10-tile radius lose 100 potch.||Self
|29 TP||Corona||Choose as many players as you want. Each player has a (300%/number of players) chance of being affected with Confuse status. This status causes them to cast a spell or use an item once each day, for three days. For every spell cast and item used, you gain 100 potch.||Variable
|S T A T U S E F F E C T S
List of Harmful Status Effects:
- Frozen: Target cannot move for 1 day.
- Burn: Target suffers from 1d2 rolls rather than 1d3, for 3 days.
- Toxic: Target loses 1 TP per day for 3 days.
- Float: Target does not receive TP when passing over tiles the next time they roll.
- Mute: Target cannot cast spells for 2 days.
- Fury: Target expends double the TP necessary for the next spell cast.
List of Beneficial Status Effects:
- Reflect: Target reflects the next spell back at the caster. Lasts for 2 days.
- Resist: Target resists the next spell cast on them. Lasts for 2 days.
- Golden: Target causes surrounding players to lose 100 potch for each tile target moves. Lasts for 3 rolls.
Items will be replenished in time. If there are no items of a specific type, some will appear after some time has passed, so don't worry! ^^
|Scanner||Show 1 player's items and their Rune.||600 potch||10|
|Ether||Restores 2 TP.||600 potch||0|
|Banana Peel||Next time target player rolls, they move backwards.||800 potch||0|
|"Suck it, Trebek!"||On target day, the user chooses the game from which the Trivia Question will be asked.||800 potch||Unlimited|
|Lunar Curtain||Take half damage for 3 days.||1000 potch||3|
|Steal Ring||Steal 1 random item from a player.||1000 potch||8|
|Power Drink||2x damage for one day (attack spells only). Take one day to recuperate.||1200 potch||5|
|Delay Buster||Halt competition for a day.||1200 potch||1|
|Gold Hairpin||1/2 TP cost for one spell, one day. Only one spell may be cast that day. TP cost is rounded down.||1500 potch||0|
|Randomizer||Cast a random spell, no TP cost, from any rune.||1500 potch||0|
|Land Mine||Trap: Knocks players on Tile back 2 spaces. May be stacked for larger effect!||1500 potch||0|
|Spiky Sapphire||By holding this, you have a 10% chance of gaining double potch every day (including consolation potch). You may throw this at a player to knock them back 5 spaces and cause Freeze status, but there is a 50/50 chance that the item will break or they will keep the item (Only one Spiky Item may be held at any time, by any player).||1600 potch||0|
|Spiky Ruby||By holding this, you have a 10% chance of gaining double potch every day (including consolation potch). You may throw this at a player to knock them back 5 spaces and cause Burn status, but there is a 50/50 chance that the item will break or they will keep the item (Only one Spiky Item may be held at any time, by any player).||1600 potch||0|
|Spiky Emerald||By holding this, you have a 10% chance of gaining double potch every day (including consolation potch). You may throw this at a player to knock them back 5 spaces and cause Toxic status, but there is a 50/50 chance that the item will break or they will keep the item (Only one Spiky Item may be held at any time, by any player).||1600 potch||0|
|Spiky Rose Pearl||By holding this, you have a 10% chance of gaining double potch every day (including consolation potch). You may throw this at a player to knock them back 5 spaces and cause Mute status, but there is a 50/50 chance that the item will break or they will keep the item (Only one Spiky Item may be held at any time, by any player).||1600 potch||0|
|Transmogrifier||Here it is, the chance to switch your rune! Once you purchase this item, you must also tell me the rune you'd like to change to. You may not 'keep' this item.||2000 potch||Unlimited|
|Switcheroo||Cause target player to randomly change their rune.||4000 potch||2|
|Plague||Target 10 players. They have a 6/7 chance of developing a random status ailment.||4000 potch||5|
|Magnetic Trinket||With this powerful relic, you have a 50% chance of gaining double TP whenever you cross a TP tile! However, if anyone targets you with a Steal Ring, this item will be the one stolen.||4500 potch||3|
|Anima||Unlock the hidden, powerful 29TP spell for your current rune. This will be remembered whenever you possess this rune. You must purchase a new one if you switch runes.||5000 potch||Unlimited|
I maintain a list of all the stats. If you forget what items you have and such, please email me and I will let you know.
Winning a Co-hosting or Full Hosting Position:
If you are the winner of a co-hosting position or full hosting position, congratulations! I will be in touch with you concerning when the co-hosting will take place exactly; you'll have at least a week's notice, and usually much more than that. I will discuss with you through e-mail when the most convenient time would be for you, and we'll go from there. Beware! Co-hosting can be a little bit harder than it might look at first, though it can definitely be a lot of fun. It will likely take an hour of your time for a co-host, and two hours to do a full host, so make sure you budget accordingly!
A guest co-host will get to write the introduction and answer three to five letters that I'll forward to you 18-24 hours ahead of time.
Guest full-hosts will get to write the introduction, and will answer between five and eight letters that I'll forward to you 24-48 hours ahead of time. Additionally, they must come up with something for the conclusion, as well as a piece of hidden text. It sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Don't worry, I'll be there to help you all the way.
Please, please be prompt with your replies! If you believe that you will be late or unable to complete the hosting on that particular day in the end, just be honest and let me know! I'm flexible, as long as I have some notice. Ensure that all replies are sent in the body of an e-mail or in .txt format (no .rtf or .wpd or anything fancy). I reserve the right to edit anything that anyone sends in, though I promise to not go nuts unless I need to.
If you are the winner of a piece of merchandise, congratulations! I will send it to you through air mail, unless I tell you otherwise, as soon as I possibly can (generally, within a day or so). Expect up to a few weeks for delivery, depending on where you happen to live. Generally, American contestants can expect to receive their prize within a few days, Canadian contestants within two weeks, and International contestants within four to six weeks.