Josh - 6:16 EST
UPDATE (Tues, 12:21 EST): If you would like to play, please send me a list of the top 3 FF6 characters you would like to be your game piece. This is not limited to main characters. Go here to see the page where I'll be getting my sprites. Use characters from the 'Party' and 'NPCs' sections only, please. On a side note...KEFKA IS MINE! First come, first serve.
Told you I'd get this done sooner or later. I'm skipping the letters today, because mail is down, and because I just want to use this space to explain the rules of the new contest!
THE HOPEFULLY OUTSTANDING NEW GAME!
Or, THONG for short. For now, the prizes will be limited to Guest-Hosting opportunities, since this is essentially an experiment. I'm positive that it will turn out well, though! Now, for the setup:
This is the game board. If you ever talk to CactuarJoe, make sure to thank him for the wonderful job he did! Thanks Joe!
- Everyone begins the game on START.
- For every letter you write in, I will roll a 3-sided die (I'll use RPGamer's resident Random Number Generator, DiceyBot). That will determine how many spaces you move.
- You may only get credit for one letter, per day - max 3 per weekend. Timestamps will be checked, and only letters sent during Friday - Monday before my column will be counted towards that weekend. Letters sent at other times during the week will not count until Saturday.
- Letters must be addressed to me, at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Letters will get credit even if they are unanswered, or even if Matt answers them.
- If you land on a Spell Tile, you MUST use the spell listed on the Tile. Spells and their effects are listed after the rules.
- The Trivia Tile MUST be landed on before you may enter the FINISH Tile. Answering the trivia question correctly will automatically grant you entry into the FINISH Tile, and you will receive the prize.
- If you reach the Trivia Tile, another reader who is participating in the game will ask you a question. However, the person who lands on the Tile decides WHICH reader asks the question, as well as WHICH RPG from which the question will be asked (e.g. "Wonderslime wants Bainick to ask him a question about Chrono Trigger").
- If the person who provides the question has not played the game, they may use anything necessary to come up with a question. Failure to provide a question over 2 days of my column will result in the same effect as if the receiver answered the question right, and he/she will progress to the FINISH Tile.
- The Prize for this initial board will be 5 Guest Hosting positions. Once those are completed, a new board will be created, probably with more prizes.
Spell effects are as follows:
- Bolt 1: Player chooses another player to push back 1 tile.
- Bolt 2: Player chooses another player to push back 2 tiles.
- Stop: Player must send in a letter to lose the 'Stop' status, at which point he may send in a letter the next day to resume rolling.
- Haste: Player receives an extra roll which will make him/her advance 1-3 tiles.
- Slow: Player receives an extra roll which will make him/her retreat 1-3 tiles.
- Merton: Player chooses another player to push back 4 tiles, at the cost of Player moving back 2 tiles.
- Roulette: I roll a 20-sided die. Any players standing on that numbered tile are pushed back 2 tiles.