|THE CRAVE GAMING CHANNEL|
ˇ PAX West 2017
ˇ Indie Submissions
ˇ Release Dates
ˇ Message Forums
ˇ Staff Bios
ˇ Jobs Listing
ˇ Level Grinding
ˇ An Hour to Impress
ˇ Player vs. Player
ˇ Saving Throw
ˇ RPG Elements
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Link have an uncle that dies in the first few minutes of A Link to the Past? This would seem to contradict the whole "Link left, then came back after a really long time" part of your theory.
|That was a piece of editing done by Nintendo's US censoring department. In the original Japanese version, that character was a disaffected logger and Link was his underage bond servant. (Ever wonder why there was only one bed in that house? Now you know. The truth is a dirty, vile thing, isn't it?)*|
|Come up with one for me, and I'll FedEx you a kitten.|
Why is it that all the RPG characters that come out seem to look like women? The male characters have hips and show off their belly-buttons. The female characters sometimes look like women, but often they are more "fluffy" or muscular.
|Most RPGs are made in Japan: the country that invented animé, sushi, and tentacle porn. Your average male anime character is prettier than your average Nicole Kidmann. While this rule works doubly so for shoujo (girls') shows like Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sailor Moon, Card Captor Sakura, and Weiss Kruz, most popular anime contain at least one male character so pretty that even the most flaming heterosexual would reconsider. (Characters like Kenshin Himura, Allen Schezar, Kaoru Nagisa, and... er.. the entire male cast of Gundam Wing.)|
MY TIME HAS COME!
uhh... BEWARE! I LIVE!
Not sure if this is too late for your column, but heregoes!
1. GBA - I'm about to buy it, any games you'd recommend off the bat in the way of RPGs? What's all this Golden Sun mumbo jumbo about?
2. Anime - Where do you buy yours? Do you know any websites that are particularly good (i.e., selection, price, etc.)
3. What college do you go to? I vaguely remember you saying something about a certain school, but I can't remember the name. Don't worry though, I'm just trying to confirm your location so I can dispatch my army of doppleganger ninjas (ala Escaflowne) to terminate your life. Crap, I gave away waaay too much there.
1. Golden Sun is loved by the staff members who've played it. It comes with high reccomendation from pretty much every site that's reviewed it. Other good RPGs include MegaMan Battle Network and Advance Wars (a TRPG). Now that Square has signed on, keep your eyes peeled.
2. Online is nice. BestPrices.com is pretty cheap, but their service isn't the best. Shipping took forever, and ... bleh. Amazon.com has a pretty good selection, and the price isn't too bad.
3. Northwestern University in Evanston, IL.
Was there ever a version of Lunar 2:Eternal Blue made for the Snes?
The Last Laugh:And there you have it. For tomorrow, in additon to your usual questions about what kind of exciting underwear I wear, I'll field any and all questions about Tabletop RPGs. Have a favorite? D&D, Shadowrun, Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, Vampire, Werewolf, Hunter, Mummy, Exalted, Big Eyes Small Mouth (the animé RPG)? Sound off about it. Which ones would you like to see made into a console/PC RPG? With the success of the Baldur's Gate series and Vampire: Redemption, could other games like these do well?
Till tomorrow then, and remember: beware of bridges -- stronger monsters lurk on the other side.
*Columninst is currently very, very drunk. Pay him no mind.
"I know you want to live... After all, you've just been born. But, I want to live too, just like every human being!"@rpgamer.com
Three word hint: Survival Horror RPG
|© 1998-2015 RPGamer All Rights Reserved|